You Don’t Have To Deal With The Aftermath Of A Car Crash On Your Own
Injuries from car wrecks devastate lives. People face large medical bills, loss of income, pain and suffering, and the disruption of lives and families. Sometimes people have severe fractures, back and spine injuries, or disfiguring scars. Then the worries creep in.
Here are the common concerns we hear from clients:
- I need a rental car. How do I get one? Who will pay for it?
- How are my medical bills going to get paid?
- I can’t work. What am I going to do?
- I may need surgery in the future. How does this affect my claim?
- The insurance company is being unfair in fixing my car. What do I do?
It Will Happen To You
Over three million people are injured every year in car accidents on our nation’s roadways, and fifty thousand die. In Bowling Green alone, nearly one thousand people are injured every year in car accidents. Add in Scottsville, Glasgow, Morgantown, Franklin, and Russellville, Kentucky, and there are nearly two thousand injured, and one hundred deaths each year.
What You Should Do
The first hours and days following a car accident can be confusing. We have some suggestions for you to help.
- Call EMS paramedics and have your injuries checked out
- Go to the hospital if necessary
- Cooperate with the investigating police officer
- DON’T talk to the insurance company for the other driver
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Take photographs of your car
- Follow your doctor’s instructions
- Contact your insurance agent
- If you suspect that the other driver is drunk tell the police officer
- Contact a law firm with experience in car accident claims. Mike Breen will give you free confidential advice without obligation.
It is very important that you take care of yourself, and get medical attention if you need it. People frequently have back and spine injuries from car accidents that may not cause problems until days or even weeks after the wreck. Fractures may not be obvious to doctors or hospital staff at first. By going to the doctor you are making sure that you are getting proper medical treatment, and that your doctor has a record of all of the injuries from the accident. If you wait too long to get medical treatment then the insurance company might say your injuries did not come from the wreck, or that you waited too long and caused your own problems.
On Your Side
Car accidents require a dedicated personal injury lawyer. At Mike Breen, Attorney at Law, we’ve been there time and again. We can answer your questions about medical bills, wage loss, disability, pain and suffering, and more.
We will talk to you at no charge for as many times as necessary to decide if we can help you. Contact Bowling Green car accident lawyer Mike Breen today.
Our Personal Injury Lawyers Can Help You
Our injury lawyers and staff want to help you, in the unfortunate event that you need our help. Just e-mail or call us for a free, no obligation, confidential consultation.
For free answers to your legal questions about injuries from car accidents, just complete our convenient online contact form.